Monday, August 12, 2019

About Me

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my Blog and just a little about myself..

I'm AX who is just an average mid-thirties guy working in a sad corporate job in Singapore. Happily married with a kid. I started this blog with the aim to document my investing journey and also to share with like minded individuals who might be keen in investment and retirement planning.

Credits to a number of awesome bloggers out there which I have been reading for awhile, and decided to try blog myself one day.

1) AK71 (ASSI)
2) Dividend Warrior
3) Path to Forever Financial Freedom (3Fs)
4) Bully the Bear
5) Heartland Boy

and much more.... Still a noob when comes to blogging so pardon me if the article wasn't well written.

History:

Obviously not born from a silver spoon, I was an average guy who studied in Polytechnic and subsequently went to army and coming out to find a job at the age of 23. Armed with a Diploma in Finance, I first found my job in a Bank as a Temp and subsequently managed to convert to Perm with starting pay of $1,850. The amount was fascinating to me at that point of time but definitely not enough to save.

I subsequently moved on to other jobs and studied part-time degree at the age of 27 whilst working full time. It was tough and I have to save $800 every month to pay for my hefy school fees every semester with my slightly increased but still pathetic salary.

I managed to complete my studies and eventually was promoted and had a good pay raise. At the age of 29, my salary was in the mid of $4k to $5k but I still had no savings in my bank and still had credit card debts.

My salary come and go within the first two weeks and I knew I need to change bad habit of mine, which is poor management of money including reckless spending. I can see my parents (Merdeka generation) are still working in their 60s without much savings and I definitely do not want to follow their footsteps. I am determined to be the last Sandwich Generation.

I was first introduced to stock investing when my wife's sister-in-law asked us to open a Maybank Kim Eng Securities account so that we can buy IPO shares in the year of 2011. I still remember the time when I first bought my Mapletree Commercial Trust IPO shares through the ATM at $0.88 per unit. Managed to get a few lots and I left it there in my account for a few years before I started my investing journey again in Year 2013.

As we know, everything in Singapore costs money and living from pay check to pay check allows me to understand the importance of managing money or financial education, and how important it is to have multiple streams of income in this ever changing uncertain global economy.

I also realised that there are a lot of people out there who do not have much knowledge on financial education or basically how to manage their own money. I was basically one of them before the age of 30. To me, money is not everything but it could buy almost everything (let's be practical). The most important thing that I could buy is my own time and Financial Freedom so we don't have to slog away in the office days after days until our golden years.

Fast forward to 2019, I have a portfolio of Reits and Stocks after 6 years of investing and I am looking to continuously build a Dividend Stocks Portfolio reaching $1 million worth of value as early as possible, coupled with other options such as property investing and more for consideration.

I am also hoping to educate my children on Financial Education as early as possible.

I started my journey late but still believe we can all be financially free one day as long we are disciplined enough to stick to our plans.

Thanks and hope to see you around soon!

Regards,
SG Cashflow Investor
































No comments:

Post a Comment