Sunday, September 15, 2019

My Portfolio Performance - August 2019 Update

Hi Everyone,

This is my first Portfolio update in the month of August 2019.

Below is an extract of my Portfolio from Stocks Cafe (which is a great platform that I stumpled upon recently) and will discuss about the usefulness and effectiveness in the next chapter of Stocks Investing.




As at 16-08-2019
Current Cost: SGD 177,435.95
Current Value: SGD 177,984.14

Portfolio Current Yield: 5.19%
Projected Dividends for the next 12 months: SGD 9,139.82 (almost one-quarter of my target)

This month due to the US China Trade War and continuous HK Protests, I have initiated one of the highest number of transactions when Market is volatile all thanks to Mr T's tweets and when the counter reaches my entry level:

Sell:
1) Some of DBS, UOB and OCBC before Ex-D and after Ex-D (let's discuss about this in the next episode when is the right time to sell your shares)

Buy:
1) Mapletree Greater China Commercial Trust
2) Fraser Logistics and Industrial Trust
3) Ascott Reit
4) Mapletree Logistics Trust
5) Parkway Life Reit
6) Hong Kong Land
7) Keppel DC Reit
8) Mapletree Commercial Trust
9) AA Reit
10) Jardine C&C

This is the usual process of building my portfolio day by day, brick by brick until my portfolio reaches a substantial size with compounding effect for retirement.

I am looking to achieve minimum of SGD36K worth of dividends per annum for a start which could help alot in my expenses and as a back up in case one day my job is at stake (I have witnessed a number of my colleagues being retrenched having said that).

At the point of writing, majority of the stocks which I have chosen to buy are all in the green (mainly reits). I believe market volatility always present two perspectives to different investors. It present pockets of opportunities for investors who see great value buy of the shares while the pessimistic investor sees economic crisis and downtrend of the shares and focus on getting out fast. So which one are you?

The Trump administration had made official announcement of its extra 5% tariff on $300 billion in Chinese imports on September 1 and this adds more uncertainty to the Asian stocks market, but I am still taking a long term view on my positions and will continue to add on a regular basis.

With such news coming your way, will you be adding more of your positions or prefer to go to the safer route of selling and holding cash instead? What are your thoughts?

Regards,
SG Cashflow Investor














No comments:

Post a Comment